Saturday, September 18, 2010

Viva La Verve & a card for my wonderful HUBS!!

For those of you that know my husband and I....can you tell which one is his Anniversary card?? HEHE....all the sentiments would fit the bill....
IT"S THIS ONE!!! Of course!! For all that know my beloved husband....he is a man of the outdoors!!! Lives for hunting season!! I'm so happy that as this post is on my blog, he is getting to do his favorite past time....HUNTING.
I know some gals really despise hunting and all the time that their husbands spend doing it, but for anyone that has a hobby they love, they can understand the excitement that the hunters must have. They only get a few weeks a year to do it. Can you imagine if we could only make cards or scrap 4 to 6 weeks a year. Oh my. I wouldn't be able to make it.
Happy Anniversary Baby!!! I'm glad it's YOUR time of year. YOU DESERVE IT!!!

My first two cards are for the Viva La Verve monthly challenge over at SCS...
Each week, Verve Diva Amber gives us a wonderfully fun sketch

Here are the supplies that I used for the first card:

Card Stock: More Mustard, Very Vanilla (Stampin' Up)
Patterned Paper: Indian Summer (Basic Grey)
Stamps: Dream Big, Love Story (Verve)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Ranger); Craft Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up)
Dies: Classic Frames (Spellbinders)
Ribbon: Very Vanilla Grosgrain (Stampin' Up)

Now for card number two...

Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Rich Razzleberry, Tempting Turquoise, Early Espresso (Stampin ' Up)
Stamps: Fabulous You (Verve)
Ink: Craft Tempting Turquoise & Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up)
Embossing Folder: Vintage Wallpaper (Sizzix for Stampin' Up)
Dies: Lotus Pendant (Spellbinders)
Border Punch: Arches (MS)
Ribbon: All Stampin' Up
Flowers: Mulberry Roses (craft supply)

and for Hubs card:

Card Stock: Very Vanilla (Stampin' Up); Brown shimmer (Island Paperie)
Stamps: Buck (Sutter Enterprises), Simply You (Technique Tuesday by Ali Edwards)
Ink: Black Soot, Stormy Sky, Frayed Burlap and a few others (TH Distress Inks by Ranger)
Punch: One inch circle punch

That's all for today!! I hope you all are having a wonderful Saturday. As this is posting, I will be in wonderful Spokane, Washington attending Woman of Faith!

Thanks for stopping by today and have a wonderful weekend!

<span class=

5 comments:

Barb Turpin said...

My sentiments exactly! Hubby goes off fishing, I get to play with paper all day! Great cards Wendy!

Pam Hornschu said...

Love all three of these, Wendy! I think my fave is the middle one because of the colors. My hubby is heavily into fishing, particularly deep sea fishing. I know what you mean...I'd hate it if there was a "papercrafting season" only once a year. TFS

HappyCrafter said...

These are beautiful cards, and I especially like the one with the deer, very majestic and lovely scene. Your hubby is lucky to have you :-)

Mona Pendleton said...

All of these cards are lovely! What a great masculine card! The sky is stunning!

Kathy Jones said...

WOW!!! These are all stunning!!! What a gorgeous trio!!